Tuesday, October 03, 2006

here I am

"new place" of course is a literal reality for me now, but also an idea and a hope. I like the sound of it... "new place" could be a goal as a general state of mind.
This blog is one of the first steps in "opening up my practice" (an ever so common grad school phrase that I am whole-heartedly embracing). My plan is that over the course of the next few months/years/whatever my brain will vomit all sorts of ramblings out on these pages as both a journal for purely selfish reasons and as a way of sharing with anyone who chooses to read.
I am overwhelmed and slightly uncomfortable about starting this so I will leave this first post a short one. "Overwhelmed and slightly uncomfortable" also seem to be themes for grad school and I love it.

new place concrete facts:
I have named the hummingbird who hangs out on the deck Ted.
Luna's version of getting along with the other cats is to growl and hiss at them from a distance.
Water pressure seems to be low in San Francisco generally.
I can walk to the ocean but I usually I feel like I should walk the other direction—toward school.
I already feel like things are going too fast and yet my work has changed a lot in this short time.
I can't seem to have enough pens.

No comments: